26 Oct 2013

Chalk Board

Because why not?
A nice way to leave yourself or others messages. Really simple and easy too.

All you need is some chalk board paint (or white board paint for those of you concerned about the dusty chalk), something to make into a chalk board I used a lovely wooden board with a nice edging I found at spotlight. You can use anything a wall a jar a mug? Just make sure you are allowed to use it.

Also some normal paint (acrylic) to make some lasting decorations on the board.

Before you begin set up a work area so you don't get paint in unwanted places.

Paint your board/wall/jar/whatever. I decided to paint the back of mine with normal black paint before I painted the front in the chalk board paint.

Let the paint dry or get more paint out.

Start adding some details, I wanted to make it pop a bit more and added a silver boarder and because i could added my ID at the top.

Now you really have to let it dry.

Once it is really dry attach some double sided tape or a hook, just something to hang it up unless it doesn't need to be. I used double sided tape and stuck it to my door. This way I can remove it without leaving any holes in the door.

Now grab some chalk out or white board markers if you decided to go that way and go to town. =]



No comments:

Post a Comment