1 Aug 2013

Coconut shampoo

So some of you may know that my hair gets beyond oily after just one day, not the case anymore thanks to the honey shampoo with you can find here. Now it takes some adjusting to homemade shampoos during which I did a few times use store brought shampoo, found out just how dry then oily my hair gets from them. It was great only for a day.

Anyway, why am I making another shampoo when the other one works fine now, simple my hair seemed not dry or brittle but lacking somewhat so I thought I would give another ago. the coconut shampoo leaves my hair soft and for lack of a better word yummy. Though I wouldn't use it on a regular basis as in all honesty I forget to defrost it, yeah yo heard me, defrost I'll explain later. Also because in the past each time I use one shampoo all the time my hair just goes bad/weird so I figured it would be best to use a different one from time to time.

Okay enough talking lets get down to business, to defeat the Huns.... sorry couldn't help it.

Coconut Shampoo

Things you need:
1 3/4 cups Pure Aloe Vera gel
1 can coconut milk


Can't get a hold of this stuff? Make your own Aloe vera gel here, coconut milk here.

Its really as simple as mixing the two together, only the mix will only stay good for about a week or so. So freeze it, not in one bit chunk but in small portions like with an ice tray. take a cube out as needed to thaw out in the fridge the day before / in a little container in the bathroom the night before in my case.  For me a cube will last 2 washes, I now have medium length hair (I didn't even cut off all the dead yucky bits just most, regret doing so too since the honey shampoo made the left over dead bits healthy again.)



So have fun mixing, and let me know how this shampoo works for you, oh and one last thing the less you use in one wash the better.

~pkarpicz

No comments:

Post a Comment