6 Jun 2013

Hair problems



Problem

Okay so may hair after only one day gets really oily, itchy and feels yuck. It feels like it has a layer of grim on each strand of hair. So I wash my hair daily, that’s not good, it’s just making it worse.

Past attempts to solve it.

I have tried all sorts of shampoos, conditioners and treatments for it, all of them had something in common. The first time I tried the product I loved it, my hair felt silky and smooth, this goes for the hair repair ones too. Come the second or sometimes third wash it felt like my normal shampoo. Hey I still kept using them all the way till the end of the bottle and you know what they didn’t help.

I tried the more obvious way and tried to go without washing my hair for a day or more but I felt terrible that whole day and my hair was constantly itchy or heavy and I just couldn’t take it.

                I’ve also tried not using conditioner but that didn’t work either as it left my hair really dry and it got oily anyway. Oh and there was the problem of not being able to brush my hair without the help of conditioner.

                I’ve read about the vinegar wash/rinse thing in various places and even from my mum who is a hairdresser. Yeah no I’m not putting vinegar in my hair I don’t like the thought of it and I fear my hair will be overpowered with the smell of it. I also think vinegar is also a harsh liquid and I believe it will clean out my hair but what else will it do to it?

A Solution?


                So while roaming the web I came across some shampoo recipes ones said to help with oily hair and what not. Most however seemed complicated or required a shopping trip. I really wanted to make a coconut one but after visiting a few stores and not finding the coconut oil in any of them I gave up. It turned out I didn’t even have to go shopping to make one, everything I needed was at home.

                Now before I go on to tell you about the recipe here is what I found out about why my hair gets this way. The hair products we use to wash our hair can have a high ph level and destroy the natural oils our head makes to protect our hair. So cleaning out these oils on a daily basis or whatever makes out body try and over compensate for the loss of those oils. It’s why it get so oily so quickly.

Honey shampoo
 1 part honey *
3 parts filtered water
Few drops essence oils of your choice.
*Note: that the honey has to be natural for this to work as the lovely runny bottled stuff you normally find in the store is cut with corn starch and other things we don’t want in this mix.
I mixed mine over a low heat so that the honey would dissolve (mine was somewhat crystallised) the heat is not needed though. That’s it.

You place it on wet hair just at the roots and massages it around so it gets to all your roots. Then rinse. You don’t need to worry about getting it on the ends and you don’t want to use conditioner after it. But if you have trouble with brushing your hair I suggest using your fingers to brush through it while in the shower.

Now it’s not a quick fix it will take some time for it to work, like a month. Yeah I know that’s ages and considering how oily it looks in the first week or washing it daily. You will have to probably wash it daily in the first week. Just remember that after a while you won’t need to wash it so often and you will have healthy and happy hair. Well that’s what I’ve read.

Here’s how I went:


My hair before I washed it with honey shampoo (a day after washing with normal shampoo).


After my fists wash it felt a little oily but as it dried up it felt good, it just got oily faster than it normally did, but it didn’t feel gross like normally gets it and it still felt nice. Not heavy and yuck.
So that convince me to continue with it.

Oh I should add that I also decided to start using a beach hair spray I made the same day. It’s simply easy and applied to wet hair. Here is the recipe if you want to give it ago:

Sea salt spray
1 table spoon salt (EPSOM)
! tea spoon oil (your choice)
¾ cup water

Potinal extras
Few drops essence oil (your choice)
Leave in conditioner (not much)
Hair gel (not much)

Put it in a spray bottle and there you go a way to get beach hair without going to the beach.

So as the day wore on I found that my face was starting to get oily because of the oils my hair was producing, yeah it’s still going to do that in needs to to get back to normal.  I solved this by using my herbal scrub the next morning, which you can find in the recipes page.

The next day before just before the second wash.

Just after washing the second time.

                I figured the sea salt spray was counter acting the honey shampoo as it was drying out parts of my hair so I stopped using it after day 3.

So as the days continued I found that my hair is clean and not heavy and itchy but almost constantly oily. Now one the 3rd day I really wanted to use normally shampoo because of it but my hair felt nice and silky too. The oils my scalp is producing still have not made it all the way too my ends after 5 days but the oil production in lessening as I can feel it drying up closer to the scalp. 


Day 4 hair actually dry, but I didn't brush it and I was just rolling around which is why its messy.

It’s been five days and my hair feels happy? And it’s getting wavier like it once was. I’m really starting to like it and so I’m going to keep using it. I’ll let you know how it goes.  

If you have tried it before tell me how it went for you. Tried something else and it work let me know too. I’m always looking for ways to make my bleached hair healthier. Oh and if you have a way for my hair to return to the natural blonde it was before I decided to dye it, please tell me. I don’t want bleach anywhere near my hair any more.

Results


So its been a few months since I started  using this shampoo while I was using it I found out a few interesting things, one the few times I used normal shampoos ( I had too, because of reasons) it initially left my hair nice but a little dry but come the next day it was hell, it was more oily than before and the constant itching, this included the really expensive salon shampoo for oily hair.
Two it took some time after using other shampoos for the honey one started to work properly again, this unfortunately included the coconut shampoo that made my hair a little too oily.

The best thing about this shampoo was that it repaired my dead ends, not all of them as I got a major hair cut in the first two weeks of the shampoo, it made me see just how bad my ends were. didn't cut all of them as I really left it for a long time.

So this shampoo is more amazing than I thought. Try it, give it time to work, have some dry shampoo around for a while and wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment