30 Aug 2014

Tea Storage and chalkboard paint

How do you store your tea?

I found that the tins that you can buy for your loose leaf tea a bit expensive and also realized I would have to go through all the tins to find the one tea i wanted since the labels were all on the front of the tin. (I have a lot of teas for some reason)

So a trip to the $2 store and I was all set to solve my current issue.
I found some nice glass jars (you can use container you want) I also had some old jars at home that I later added to my tea jars.
I also fished out the left over chalkboard paint from a previous project, you can make your own.

Chalkboard paint
1 cup paint
2 tablespoons non-sanded title grout powder

mix, apply, dry, write.

Once you have chosen your containers give them a wash, the best way is to add a little bit of just boiled water (A tablespoons worth or so since some glass may crack from dramatic temperature change) Swirl it around the jar and it should kill any bacteria, smells, etc.
Dry the lids and jars.

Now paint the jar lids with your paint. some may need two coats. you can paint the whole lid like i have or just enough to write the name of the tea down. Feel free to paint the jars themselves too.

Once the lids and jars are completely dry add in your tea, write the name of the tea and what ever else you want on the lid. I wrote down the type of tea it is too (black, green, white, etc). you can also add what the tea helps with for example sleeping or stomach ache.

Have fun with it, use different colored paint for different teas or just different colored chalk.

Extend it further, paint your herb containers, your homemade beauty products containers, homemade tomato sauce, glassware, the list goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment